This week on our 8 week Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Chakra Cleanse we move upwards to our Fifth Chakra, our Throat Chakra or Vishuddhi.
As you read the information below, begin to connect to how your Throat Chakra may be manifesting in your life. Perhaps you feel quite in balance and strong in some of the areas mentioned. Maybe you feel you need a little balance and strengthening. Whatever comes up for you, bring it along to class to consciously work through your Throat Chakra to cleanse and bring balance to these areas of your life.
Location: The Throat
Organ/Gland: Trachea, throat, cervical vertebrae, thyroid
Colour: Light blue
Qualities: The centre for truth, language, knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively. Authenticity. Healthy self-expression and interactions. Inspiring. Teaching. Embodying God’s Will.
Shadow: Lethargy, weakness in expressive and descriptive abilities, shyness, voice problems, insecurity, fear of the other people’s opinions and judgements. Throat problems, neck problems thyroid problems.
THE THROAT CHAKRA AND MANIFESTATION
Our throat chakra is the bridge between the physical and non-physical, the body and the mind, it is the gateway to higher consciousness. The fifth chakra communicates, commands and creates through sound, rhythm and subtle vibrations. The element it is related to is Ether. Ether is vibration. Sound and Ether cannot be seen and yet we can feel and hear it. This is how the throat chakra is the bridge between the physical and non-physical. Ether is the very beginning of the process of manifestation. Manifestation begins in ether, moves to air, then fire, water and earth where it exists in physical matter.
The throat chakra is a neutral messenger, it will communicate whatever is channelled through it from the other chakras. It does not filter or evaluate whether it should say one thing or another. This is where working through the whole chakra system helps us become more conscious so that we can observe and choose what we wish to communicate.
MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS OF SOUND
Sound at the throat chakra helps translate symbols and thoughts into information that can be shared and understood.
- Sound is a communicator allowing how we feel and think to be communicated to others;
- Sound is a purifier harmonising frequencies within us and elevating lower frequencies;
- Sound is a transformer as it can penetrate and transform our vibrations at a cellular level;
- Sound is a connector bridge connecting the non-physical and physical realms.
THROAT CHAKRA LESSONS, SKILLS & IMPACT
The Throat Chakra is concerned with the power of sound and how we use it to create our reality and communicate and listen to ourselves, others and the Universe.
Working with the Throat Chakra we learn how to listen to our words, pay attention to what we are saying and choose our words wisely. When we pay attention and take care with what we are projecting through sound we become aware of how our words impact what we attract into our lives. We also gain a centred insight into ourselves and have the ability and courage to speak our truth.
When we communicate the Throat Chakra needs the counsel of our Third Eye Chakra to observe what is happening as the Third Eye is associated with our intuition. It also needs the assistance of our lower chakras to feel our emotions and the state of those who we are communicating with. Our Heart then balances our chakras with the other person so that our vibrations are on the same frequency to hear and understand each other.
Yogi Bhajan said that the “purpose of communication is to make another person hear what you are saying”. We sometimes don’t know what the other person is hearing through their filters. The Throat Chakra helps you come into frequency with the other so that you can hear what each other is really saying. When the Throat Chakra speaks from a loving heart, one’s words penetrate the heart of the listener.
We can use sacred mantras and the power of these vibrations to upgrade how we create our reality. Chanting and reciting divine mantras shifts our internal conversation and imprints higher frequency patterns in all of our chakras. The repetition of sacred sounds makes it possible to learn how to talk with ourselves, others and the Universe in honest, truthful, uplifting and spiritual ways.
UNDERDEVELOPED, UNBALANCED & UNALIGNED
"Growing up, you had to be demonstrative and act out to get attention and your needs met. Your parents did not listen to you. You were often reprimanded for stating your opinion, expressing your needs or trying to get your needs met. You couldn't be honest without being punished for being naughty and out of line."
- Cunningness using speech and words in self serving ways to manipulate others and get what you want;
- Manipulating by not communicating what you want directly expecting the other to guess what it is you want;
- Withdrawing remaining distant and uninvolved, staying in the mind to avoid emotions;
- Self-protective speaking only when you feel safe;
- Risk avoidance from rejection, criticism and judgement or avoiding creating waves;
- Copycat adaptive going along with what others want even if its not what you truly want;
- Always trying to fit into others wishes and priorities creating stress for yourself losing your own flow and rhythm.
DEVELOPED, BALANCES & ALIGNED
- Aware of the vibrational world around you and sensitive to the voices from all chakras;
- Empathic tuning into and feeling where others are coming from and communicating, even without words;
- Willing to share and speak from the heart, not from the head and intellectualising;
- Teaching through example, speaking the truth and being authentically yourself inspiring others to be authentically themselves;
- Detached objectivity being able to observe the world and circumstances without a need or desire to manipulate or change it. Able to see the higher meaning and purpose in circumstances;
- Supreme reasoning with an ability to understand what is true beyond limitations of time and cultural conditioning and speak with authority without expecting agreement and validation;
- Share wisdom from awakened heart and mind interacting with awareness, comprehension and commitment to higher truth;
- Make an impact through your higher vibration and intentions.
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO BRING BALANCE
- Come to class this week! It doesn't matter if you've missed previous weeks of our Chakra Cleanse, if any of the above speaks to you, come along to class. You can pop in casually from now on for $20 for the Yoga or $15 for the Meditation;
- Breathe to open the throat;
- Inhale SAT, exhale NAM;
- Chant long SAAAAAAT NAMs to call upon, command, declare and identify with the Truth;
- Chant long ONGs;
- Lion Pose – open mouth, stick tongue out and roar like a lion;
- Shoulder Shrugs and Spinal Flexes;
- Eye Exercises and Neck Rolls;
- Neck lock;
- Notice your posture;
- Mantra to Neutralize Negative Thoughts.
Try one of these affirmations for the week. Write it on a sticky note and stick it up in your bathroom or somewhere where you will see it daily.
I can hear and discern the truth
I claim my voice and fearlessly and honestly speak my truth without agendas
My words have impact and help create a reality of love
I can hear the cosmic sound within
Most of the information in this blog has come from the FANTASTIC book Your Life is in Your Chakras by Guru Rattana Ph.D. who is an internationally recognised Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Teacher.
THIS WEEK’S CLASS TIMES TO CHOOSE FROM
As I mentioned above, even if you have missed our First Week of the Chakra Cleanse you can still come along to class on a Casual Basis. Just send me a quick email so that I can save you a mat email@example.com.
Mondays 6.00 - 7.00pm Yoga
Tuesdays 7.00 - 8.00am Meditation
Wednesdays 6.00 - 7.00pm Meditation
Wednesdays 7.30 - 9.00pm Yoga
Thursdays 9.30am - 11.00am Yoga
Saturdays 8.30am - 10.00am Yoga