This week on our 8 week Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Chakra Cleanse we move upwards to our Sixth Chakra, our Third Eye Chakra or Ajna.
As you read the information below, begin to connect to how your Third Eye Chakra may be manifesting in your life. Perhaps you feel quite in balance and strong in some of the areas mentioned. Maybe you feel you need a little balance and strengthening. Whatever comes up for you, bring it along to class to consciously work through your Third Eye Chakra to cleanse and bring balance to these areas of your life.
Location: Between the Eyebrows
Organ/Gland: Brain & Pituitary Gland
Qualities: Centre of intuition, clairvoyance, visualising, fantasizing, concentration and determindation, self-inititation, power of projection, understanding your purpose.
Shadow: Confusion, depression, rejection of spirituality, over-intellecutalizing.
The Third Eye Chakra is where we shift from the known to the unknown. Our perception of the world through our senses shifts to our perception of the world through consciousness.
The Third Eye Chakra is where we end duality. We end our perception of right and wrong, good and bad, light and dark and we only see the truth of all that is. We see everything together and have no judgement or labelling upon it. We only see love.
With a balanced Third Eye Chakra we have the opportunity to;
- Change channels from a dualistic mind to our neutral mind;
- We begin to concentrate and have one pointed focus;
- We awaken consciousness from thinking to awareness;
- And we become a non-judgemental observer.
To awaken these qualities we need to develop the skills of;
2) Being Silent - not talking and not thinking
The Third Eye Chakra is also the seat of manifestation. Where the Throat Chakra begins the process of bringing our desires into being, our Third Eye Chakra sees them before being spoken about. To manifest our true desires, we must connect with the energy of our heart, otherwise what we manifest is not in line with the desires of the universe. The Third Eye Chakra also allows us to be present so that we can enjoy the journey of life, rather than be focused on the future or the past as we do when we become preoccupied in the mind.
Clearing and balancing all of the Chakras is important for the clear pathway of these Visions to come down into physical manifestation. The Third Chakra also helps assimilate and focus the desires of all of the lower chakras. Rather than being confused by mixed messages from our emotional body or from the logic and reason of the mind, we tap into our instincts and intuition and this becomes our guide.
UNDERDEVELOPED, UNBALANCED AND UNALIGNED STATES
As a child you were not taught to trust and believe in yourself. Instead, you were taught to trust "expert" opinions. Your parents, teachers and preachers were "god" substitutes. You learned to evaluate "pros and cons" with you "rational" mind and not listen to your intuition and heart to know your truth. Your educational program emphasised importance of empirical data and information and reliance on the intellect to figure things out. Spiritual awareness and experiences were completely missing from early formation.
- Unable to trust higher knowing, if it can't be measured it isn't real;
- Stuck int eh dualistic mind and rational intellect, have to know "why" something has happened;
- Have to plan and calculate everything, cannot relax and go with the flow;
- Dont trust others, self or the Universe;
- Avoid intimacy, heart and feelings, stuck in the mind to avoid emotion;
- Control is the essence of power and see being "out of control" as a sign of weakness;
- Deny spiritual realms, God is a myth and no life after death.
DEVELOPED, BALANCED AND ALIGNED STATES
- Can stay mentally clear, focuses and one-pointed;
- Can be an observer and not succumb to drama or stories;
- Can intuit what is right and what isn't by listening within and getting an answer;
- Expanded perception having an experience of the non-physical dimensions of reality beyond time and space;
- Ability to resonate with oneness and universal energies by living in resonance and harmony with cosmic laws;
- Psychic and clairvoyant abilties open up;
- Creatively visualise and make an impact on reality by planting seeds within your consciousness;
- See divinity within self and others.
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO BRING BALANCE
- Come to class this week! It doesn't matter if you've missed previous weeks of our Chakra Cleanse, if any of the above speaks to you, come along to class. You can pop in casually from now on for $20 for the Yoga or $15 for the Meditation;
- Chant Ong;
- Four breaths per minute to awaken the neutral mind;
- Breath of Fire - pulse navel and third eye;
- Leg Stretches, pressing the big toe;
- Root lock to third eye;
- Focus at the tip of the nose;
- Candle Meditation;
- Bowing to the Infinite.
Try one of these affirmations for the week. Write it on a sticky note and stick it up in your bathroom or somewhere you will see it daily.
I know and see the truth.
I am the source of my own guidance.
I trust my soul and the Universe within.
I can consciously participate in the co-creation of my own reality.
I see (and accept) the bigger picture and meaning of events.
Most of the information in this blog has come from the FANTASTIC book Your Life is in Your Chakras by Guru Rattana Ph.D. who is an internationally recognised Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Teacher.
THIS WEEK’S CLASS TIMES TO CHOOSE FROM
As I mentioned above, even if you have missed other weeks of the Chakra Cleanse you can still come along to class on a Casual Basis. Just send me a quick email so that I can save you a mat firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mondays 6.00 - 7.00pm Yoga
Tuesdays 7.00 - 8.00am Meditation
Wednesdays 6.00 - 7.00pm Meditation
Wednesdays 7.30 - 9.00pm Yoga
Thursdays 9.30am - 11.00am Yoga
Saturdays 8.30am - 10.00am Yoga